Sunday, January 26, 2014

Balancing Act

I'm calling my blog "Balancing Act" because of my ordinary life: single, mother of four, full-time employee, struggling to make ends meet, sometimes aspiring writer, champion procrastinator, theater nerd normality.  I live in New England, which until recently has had normal weather, but now is in the midst of its "bleak midwinter." The holidays are over, my street is covered with dirty snow and half frozen ice, the skies are gray, and white shit is still falling from the sky.  The kind of day when one wonders when spring will come again, and when life will start looking up.  But I know eventually it will, so I will trudge on. Pondering the question: If I keep singing, "Everything's Coming Up Roses," how long will it be before I actually start believing it?

"It's showtime folks"...

1 comment:

  1. Well here I sit, snow-covered driveway, more snow on the way....what, you say a foot?! I will have to wake during the night and do laps around the driveway to mat down the freshly falling snow.....What am I balancing? Let's see I am a single mom of 3 daughters who live in another city, taking care of my parents home, selling real estate in a depressed economy, managing my wonderful, bright and loving dad who does not suffer at all from his slight dementia....and more things which I hesitate to mention. Yes, spring is on the horizon.....and with it the promise of better things to come......Hugs to you, Miss Cindy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete